One of the things I like about posting is the feedback I get. In this case, I need to make some adjustments and clarifications to what I said. The blue print is what I have either added or changed from the original. The red print is either a link or is the subjective material.
Here is the second half of #9 of the Top 10 Things I Would Like to Say
Their importance is not necessarily rated, but their order has a flow to it. They move from initial contact to ultimate destiny.
- Absolute truth is based upon empirical, changeless evidence. When followed to its logical conclusion, it must stand the closest scrutiny.
- Debating Evolution vs. Creation does no one any good unless a person is willing to consider that the other person may be right.
- Faith comes by hearing; are you ready to listen?
- Why I believe in Jesus.
- We are designed to create, but not by ourselves. The Spirit wants to create with us!
- Every decision we make shifts our direction, vision, and course. How much depends upon the decision, and how long depends upon our own stubbornness.
- Jesus is Jewish.
- We owe quite a debt to Israel.
- Jesus is coming soon! How do we get ready?
- What awaits us in heaven?
24 Keep your mouth free of perversity;
keep corrupt talk far from your lips. [Jesus is coming soon]
25 Let your eyes look straight ahead;
fix your gaze directly before you. [Jesus is coming soon]
26 Give careful thought to the paths for your feet
and be steadfast in all your ways. [Jesus is coming soon]
27 Do not turn to the right or the left;
keep your foot from evil. [Jesus is coming soon]
#9 Jesus is coming soon! How do we get ready? Part 2
Yesterday, I made the statement that mankind will not know the hour, day, or year when Jesus is coming back, but we can know the season. Today, we look at His actual coming.
The best verses are in Revelation 19 where John describes the Second Coming:
9 Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.”
11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: King of kings and Lord of lords.
19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20 But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21 The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.
Let’s break it down:
- The doors to heaven were standing open.
- Jesus was on a white horse as opposed to the donkey He rode into Jerusalem.
- His names are Faithful and True, the Word of God, King of kings and Lord of lords, plus there is a name that only He knows!
- His robe is dipped in blood–whose blood, it doesn’t say. It could be His; it could be His enemies’.
- The many crowns represent His sovereignty over all kingdoms.
- Saints that have died are with Him! They are dressed in white (the big tell), and they don’t have weapons–they don’t need them. Jesus strikes down His enemies with the sword of His mouth. How? The same way He created the universe with His words. He will pronounce words of judgement and voila! Done. Somewhere in this process, those saints meet up with their earthly bodies that are glorified and the saints that are still alive on earth join them (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).
- The beast and the false prophet are cast into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.
If we were to keep reading, it just gets better and better!
There are other clues to the imminent return of Christ: This is how Satan does business:
- One world currency
- The mark of the beast
- Worldwide communication
- Treaties and kingdom coalitions. “We are focused on fruit while the world is focused on success.” Ricky Griffin
These we all have now. What we DON’T have is a peace treaty between Israel and her surrounding countries. Clinton tried it in 2000, but failed. President Trump initiated a peace plan in 2017 that is still underway. PEACE. That peace plan may be the very thing that allows Israel to build her temple.
There is another vie on the temple in Ezekiel 43-48. In fact, the LORD did away with the old sacrificial system with the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple in 70 A.D. It’s very likely that He will NOT allow it to be reconvened. If so, then we must consider a different interpretation of the building of that temple.
1. It may be the specifications for the temple Zerubbabel built upon returning to Jerusalem after the deportation; there is not mention of it, but the timing is right.
2.It could be plans for Herod’s temple built in 6 BC, but he really just renovated and added to the current structure.
3. It could be a spiritual temple, which relates to the building of Christ’s kingdom using believers as “living stones” (1 Peter 2:5). If so, then the river that begins at the temple door and passes right by the altar (Ezekiel 47:1) could represent the Gospel: God’s gift of salvation (the temple door) through the shed blood of Jesus (the altar), that grows and fills the land (like a mustard seed-Matthew 13:31-32).
At the Second Coming of Christ, Jesus will renew all things, so we do not lay up for ourselves treasures here on earth, but heavenly treasures (Matthew 6:19-21).
How shall we prepare? Peter tells us how:
11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way [the old world passing a way by fire], what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.
14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation… 2 Peter 3:11-12, 14-15
Solomon said it best, though, when it comes to evangelism:
10 If you falter in a time of trouble [don’t look back], how small is your strength [weak is your faith, double-minded is your heart]! 11 Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter.
Jesus said that the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few (Matthew 9:37-38). Let’s BE THOSE HARVESTERS!
One more thing: Each year, I get really excited when Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year) rolls around. Why? I’m glad you asked! Jesus fulfilled four of the seven Jewish festivals, which, by the way, were instituted by God, with His death (Passover and Unleavened Bread), resurrection (First Fruits), and the coming of the Holy Spirit (Pentecost). If He did it with the first four, I believe that He will fulfill the last three just as literally. The New Year is begun with the Feast of Trumpets, then 10 days later is the Day of Atonement, and then the Feast of Tabernacles/Ingathering. These easily translate into The Return, The Judgement, and Heaven. We may not know the day, hour, or year, but we CAN know the season! This year, Rosh Hashanah is Friday, September 18 through Sunday, September 20 (the trumpet can be blown anytime during these days). It seems a bit early according to other prophecies, but–who knows? Christ may surprise us all!
I believe that God is preparing His church for a final push; whether it’s global revival or gleanings, I don’t know. I believe that God is spreading His kingdom today at an exponential rate, especially in the middle East, Africa and Asia–anywhere there is persecution. I believe that He is training me for something specific. He has not revealed it to me, and probably won’t until it’s time or close to time to do whatever it is for which He is training me. In the meantime, I am staying close to Him with my eyes fixed on Him; I am writing down everything He is saying to me, and trying to memorize as much Scripture as I can. I am trying to whittle down my testimony and the Gospel presentation to their essential points so that I can share them quickly and concisely. And, I am praying for God’s Spirit to move in your heart and all who read my posts along with those who meet with me for prayer each Wednesday morning.
What is God calling you to do to prepare for what is coming?
Abba, I pray that You will impress upon the hearts of Your children what it is that You want us to do, whether it’s to get up earlier and read more in Your Word, to make lists of people and pray for them, or to talk to our neighbors, coworkers, and even random people to find out what their spiritual needs are–and then to meet them. May we all make ourselves available to You for WHATEVER You have for us to do. We are Yours. Do with us as You will. Amen.