Celebrating our fellow brothers and sisters in the family of God:
We had Graduation Sunday yesterday; we honored those who are graduating from high school, college, or some form of school. As they stood on the stage, their future plans were read indicating what they would like to do next in their lives. I would love to impart to them some words of knowledge and experience.
Ten things I would like to tell graduating seniors:
(Click on each Scripture to go to the link)
- What we do with our bodies matters.
1 Corinthians 6:15-20
- What we put in our bodies matters.
- What we put in our minds matters.
- Daily prayer and Scripture reading are ultra important to keep your relationship with the Lord fresh.
1 Thessalonians 5:17
- Our friends matter because we become like them.
- Start your day right with the right focus.
- Make Psalm 73:23-26 the framework of your life.
- Live a life of gratitude to the Lord.
2 Corinthians 5:14-15
- Be formed, conformed, and transformed into Christ-likeness by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Formed- Galatians 4:19
Conformed– Romans 8:29
Transformed- 2 Corinthians 3:18
- Remember that the Lord is always with you and will never leave you.
As you have probably noticed, they are great reminders for everyone. We will be breaking these “tips” down over the next few days to find the best ways to apply them to our lives. Hang with me!
Abba, I pray for our graduates that they will grow in their walk with You this summer. Walking close and in step with You is the only way to not only survive, but to thrive! Increase their faith, Lord, and show us how to help them in their walk with You. Amen.