Young Earth #2: Knowing why something turned out the way it did helps us establish what happened and how.
16 How much getter to get wisdom than gold! To get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver.
Yesterday, we learned that dinosaurs have been found with collagen, red blood cells, blood vessels, connective tissue, and other biodegradable parts that may last thousands of years, but not a million years, to say nothing of 10’s of millions of years. Today, we look at where they were found. The chart below is the evolutionary diagram of layers and corresponding ages on the right. On the left, we see examples of what has been found in each layer. The lowest is the single-cell animals and then progressing upward through the layers with a progression of biologically complex animals. It makes sense to look at–unless you know a few things:
- Below the Cambrian layer there has been no life found, but in the Cambrian layer, life came bursting forth with multi-celled animals along with diverse plants, fish and crustaceans (all deposited by the Great Flood).
- All the other layers have contained dinosaurs from different ages and sizes (again, all laid down by the Great Flood).
- The Great Flood is not taken into account at all.
- According to evolutionary theory, some animals evolved to help certain plants survive, like hummingbirds for certain flowers. There are two things askew with this claim:
- In the millions of years it took to evolve the hummingbirds, those particular flowers would have never survived.
- Evolution doesn’t work like that; a Designer does, though. Evolution takes things back to its original disassembled state. It works more like de-evolution. A Designer/Creator, on the other hand, builds things and sustains them (Colossians 1:16-17).
During the Great Flood (see Genesis 6-9), the entire earth was covered with water. As the water ebbed and flowed, sand flows created layers upon layers beginning with the heaviest elements and progressing to the lightest elements. The diagram below shows the layers in the Grand Canyon–and canyons all over the planet–and how they were laid down by water. There are four things that indicate a quick layering:
- There is no erosion between layers.
- The layers are often bent, some to the point of folding.
- There are no burrowing-animal trails that indicate the passage of time.
- There is no foliage or even grass between the layers.
Also, layers such as these have been observed being made at Mount St. Helens and other places around the globe. And, when studying the different layers of the Grand Canyon, note that there are elements of layers of the same composition at the top AND the bottom of the canyon!
There is ONE big difference between the first diagram and the second diagram: The first one comes from the imagination of an evolutionist. The second one comes from a study of the Grand Canyon!
I choose to believe in a Designer whose name is Jesus Christ. Here are a couple of verses that say it all:
19 By wisdom the Lord laid the earth’s foundations,
by understanding he set the heavens in place;
20 by his knowledge the watery depths were divided,
and the clouds let drop the dew. Proverbs 3:19-20
3 Through him [Jesus] all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. John 1:3
Abba, thank You for creating the world. I know we ruined it with sin, but I also know that You are the Great Redeemer, and that You will one day renew all things, including this earth. You don’t let one single atom go to waste, O Lord! I look forward to that Great Day. Amen.