On this day, a certain number of years ago, Robin and I were on our way to the hospital…
9 Instruct a wise person and she will be wiser still; teach a righteous woman and she will add to her learning.
Today is Hillary’s birthday! We are so proud of her.
This week, Robin and I got to attend a Double Honor Minister’s Retreat in Red River, New Mexico. We met with three other couples and the host couple:
- Two pastors and their wives,
- a Director of Missions who started out as a music minister, then pastor, then missionary, and now a DOM, and his wife,
- and the host couple, Andy and Becky Dietz, with whom I was on staff at FBC, Borger, TX, many moons ago.
We had a great time together strengthening each other in the Lord and learning about each other’s ministry, encouraging each other and praying for each other. One of the most fun things we did was talk about our families. Since Andy and Becky knew my girls, it was fun telling them about how they follow the Lord and sing/play with me at church on the Praise Team and in choir. We told them how proud we were of Hillary:
- Her flute-playing ability and the two orchestras of which she is a part,
- Her participation in the Singing Churchwomen of Oklahoma,
- Her position in administration at EPIC schools,
- The fact that she is nearly done with her doctorate in (some kind of degree concerning) Education,
- and her two cats, plus one outside cat of which she takes care (she was left by a neighbor who moved).
Andy and Becky rejoiced with us in the girls’ close walk with the Lord. We were reminded of the verse,
Train up a child in the way that she should go, and when she is old she will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6
Hillary, you make your mom and dad very proud of you and very humbled at the same time. May God continue to bless you as you seek Him.
Abba, thank You for such wonderful children. Hillary and Hayley have been a great blessing to us–as well as good friends. May You bless both of them, and particularly Hillary today on her birthday. Amen.