Most Christians have never boiled their faith down to its essential ingredients. Let’s take a quick quiz…
2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.
Knowing what is essential to our faith is important; so is being able to articulate it.
- What is the main purpose for the cross?
- What does the resurrection mean?
- What is the biggest promise of the Bible?
To be fair, I’ve had time to ponder these questions and teach the material. Here is what I’ve come up with:
- Restored fellowship. Most people answer that it’s to have our sins forgiven, but why did sin need to be forgiven? In order to remove that which kept us from having fellowship with the Father. It’s all about the relationship.
- He rose again, therefore we rise again. His resurrection means that we have a resurrection, in Him.
- “When things are ready, I will come back for you.” John 14:3. Whether it’s individual or collective, He is coming back for all of us.
This morning, be sure to thank our heavenly Father and His Son and then praise them. Spend time rejoicing in the Spirit. It’s the whole point of being saved.
Abba, may I take my own advice. Thank You for so great a salvation so that we can be together. I can hardly wait to be with you completely! In the meantime, I relish the relationship I have with You in my heart and life. I look forward to tomorrow, singing praises to Your name, and worshiping with my fellow followers. Amen.