Today is worship day. We worship every day, but my church sets aside Sunday to get together as a family to worship the Lord.
4 Sluggards do not plow in season [there’s a right time for everything]; so at harvest time they look but find nothing [if they’re not connected to the Father beforehand, there’s no connection when it’s needed].
One of the things that I have enjoyed doing lately in our services is making a call to worship. Sometimes, it’s a song; sometimes, it’s a corporate reading of a Scripture; sometimes, it’s my reading of a passage that calls the people to focus on the Lord. Here is one that I will be using in the near future:
5 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, 6 so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 16:5-6
- God gives us endurance for everything that is going on in our lives when we trust Him to lead us.
- God gives us encouragement through His Spirit, His Word, and His people.
- God gives us the same attitude of mind of Jesus concerning each other. What was that attitude? “As I have loved you, so you must love one another” John 13:35.
- God gives us one mind in that we are focused on Him and Him alone.
- God gives us one voice as we lift up praises to our heavenly Father.
- God receives glory from our praises, our unity, and our love for one another.
- Jesus is lifted up.
There is one more verse in today’s Proverbs that I want us to consider:
6 Many claim to have unfailing love, but a faithful person who can find?
Let’s be that faithful person today. Let’s meet with our brothers and sisters in Christ and praise our Father in heaven together. It will be fun; it will be worth it!
Abba, Happy Father’s Day. You are the perfect Father. Thank You for adopting me back into Your family. Thank You for all the brothers and sisters I have who are adopted, as well. May we praise Your name and lift up Jesus today. It’s a family thing, the family of God. Amen.