Pray for our country today on National Day of Prayer. We need the revival; may the Holy Spirit move across our nation!
20 My son, keep your father’s command [we have more than our father’s command; we have the Spirit!]
and do not forsake your mother’s teaching [the Spirit teaches and leads us; lean on Him].
21 Bind them always on your heart [let them rule your heart because we can’t trust our hearts];
fasten them around your neck [like a neckless that always reminds you].
22 When you walk, they will guide you [Jesus guides us];
when you sleep, they will watch over you [Jesus rejoices over us with singing (Zephaniah 3:17)];
when you awake, they will speak to you [Jesus speaks to us in His Word, which is alive with His Spirit (Hebrews 4:12)].
23 For this command is a lamp, this teaching is a light [the Spirit lights our way, but also what is in us],
and correction and instruction are the way to life [Jesus is life; rejoice in Him always],
24 keeping you from your neighbor’s wife [worldly things that tempt us],
from the smooth talk of a wayward woman [Satan is working hard to derail us].
Revival must begin in our own hearts. In order for that to happen, we must decide whether Jesus is worth following or not. If He is, then we must place ourselves in a position to hear Him:
- We open ourselves to Him and ask for a sense of His presence;
- We lay ourselves before Him asking forgiveness for any pride and rebellion;
- We receive His forgiveness and accept whatever He wills for our lives today;
- We rejoice in His grace and the awareness of Him in our lives (see Zephaniah 3:17 again);
- We look for opportunities to meet with other Christians to increase our knowledge, to fellowship with like-minded believers, to strengthen each other in the faith, and to experience the Lord in a way that is unique to Christians in corporate worship.
- We continue this process as often and with as many people as possible; it becomes our habitus (the outward lifestyle of a follower of Jesus Christ).
- We look for people who might be showing interest and for opportunities to share what we are experiencing.
- We invite people to “come and see” (John 1:39).
I pray that you will feel the drawing of the Spirit to begin the process of revival. It’s the ONLY WAY to save America.
Abba, may You move mightily in Your church. Then, move mightily in our city, state, and nation. You are already moving in the world; move here, too! May You sweep across this land even as You have in our past, Lord. It’s always darkest just before dawn; may Your light arise and shine on us, Lord Jesus. May we shine for You! Amen.
Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the Lord rises upon you.