We are light-bearers. Our job is to pray. We are to present others before our Father in heaven. Let’s get started!
21 With persuasive words she led him astray; she seduced him with her smooth talk.
In the same way–but with pure motives–we are to present people to the Father. If this young man had been a man of character, he would never have been on her street in the first place. But, if he DID find himself in a conversation with her, his mind and intent would be focused on her soul and not her body. He would:
- Go to the Father in prayer for his own success in keeping his attention on her soul and not her body, especially by maintaining his distance from her physically;
- Present her to the Father asking for her soul for His kingdom;
- Listen to the Holy Spirit as He gave him insight into her life and circumstances;
- Speak the words that come to mind even as he is talking to her;
- Keep his tone quiet and gentle, or at least cordial if she gets angry and hostile;
- Continue to pray for her after the conversation is over;
- Immediately call or go see a Christian friend who will hold him accountable and can be a witness after-the-fact concerning the event, and can join him in prayer for this woman.
This approach can and should be used for every conversation we have with lost folks. Our goal is to build bridges for the Gospel. Anything that would hinder building those bridges must be removed from our vocabulary, our habits, and our personality. Why is it so important to become like Christ? Because WE get in the way of the Gospel! We must:
- Die to ourselves and live for Christ- “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. This life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God [Jesus Christ] who loves me and gave Himself for me.” Galatians 2:20
- Practice Romans 12:9-21
- Our love must be sincere; hate evil and cling to what is good;
- Honor others above ourselves;
- Keep our spiritual fervor through the spiritual disciplines;
- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer;
- Bless those who persecute us; bless and do not curse;
- Do not be proud; do not be conceited;
- Do not repay anyone evil for evil; Be righteous;
- As far as possible, live at peace with everyone;
- Do not take revenge; on the contrary, we are to meet the needs of our enemies; in this way, we heap burning coals of conviction on their heads;
- We are NOT to be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
- Pray, pray, pray! “Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep praying for all the Lord’s people.” Ephesians 6:18. Also, Philippians 4:6-7, 1 Thessalonians 5:17
The election is not over, yet. Please pray for God’s man to be in office. If there is any wrong-doing, pray that it would be exposed. Pray for the peace and salvation of our nation. PRAY FOR REVIVAL!
Abba, I come to You on behalf of my nation asking for You to intervene in the plans of men and have Your will accomplished. May the men and women of God who are in office stand up and be counted for you; may those who oppose You be put to shame–or better, fall under conviction of the Holy Spirit and become obedient to Your Spirit. May Your will be done in our lives and in America. Amen.