If we are obedient to the Spirit of God, then everything else falls into place. Are we being obedient? Are we even listening?
3 So do this, my child, to free yourself, since you have fallen into your neighbor’s hands [gotten caught up in worldly affairs], Go–to the point of exhaustion… 4 Allow no sleep to your eyes, no slumber to your eyelids.
Let’s face it, we have not been diligent about our walk with Christ. We have not made prayer and Bible study a priority in our lives. Consequently, neither has society. We have not been salt and light. You say, “I am offended by your statement. In what way have we not been good Christians?”
Here is a prime example. Each morning, through prayer and Bible study, we are to put on the armor of God:
- The belt of truth– knowing the Gospel well enough to discern truth
- The breastplate of righteousness– living daily in His presence and sharing His righteousness
- Shoes of readiness– ready to take the Gospel wherever He leads
- The shield of faith– protecting what is true against what is false
- The helmet of salvation– going over again and again all aspects of salvation: What, when, how, and why.
- The sword of the Spirit– reading, learning, discussing, and pondering the Word of God so that we are SURE of what it says (it’s how He talks to us and teaches us)
- Praying in the Spirit– keeping a constant dialogue going with the Spirit
Have we been diligent in doing this very necessary task?
Have we done it in a fashion that our spouse has observed us doing it?
Have we allowed our children to see us struggling into our armor?
Have we taught others (especially our children) to do the same, showing them how each piece goes on and how it works?
We must decide daily if we want to be like Christ. If yes, then get ready to be trained. It’s a wild ride, but He is with us every step of the way. It’s thrilling! If no, then get ready to be disciplined. He WILL accomplish making you like Himself, but it won’t be pretty. Read Hebrews 12:4-13 and you will see what I mean.
Do we want revival for our country? Then, we must first have revival in our own souls. Let’s give the Spirit every opportunity today. Put on that armor! Open up that line of communication! Be ready to go where He leads! Be ready to share what He tells us to share! Let’s be thrilled to be part of the Cause! Lives are at stake.
Abba, work in me the very things I have said in this post. Make me a valiant soldier for Christ. Use me in any way, shape or form that spreads the Gospel and encourages the family of God. May my armor be bent and scratched from battle when I enter heaven! Make me useable and then use me, LORD. I am Your willing servant. Amen.