Are we fighting the good fight? Are we intentionally “taking up arms” against our enemies: Self and Satan?
5 You who are simple, gain prudence; you who are foolish, set your hearts on it.
The catch is that we ALL are simple [“gullible, without moral direction and inclined to evil” (my note on the bottom of the page in my Bible)] and foolish. We don’t ordinarily look for the godly way to do things. Satan would like to keep us in the dark spiritually. Therefore, we must assume that there is a spiritual battle going on behind the scenes in every circumstance and difficulty.
- If it is our own fault, then the battle is in our own souls for dominance. We are rebellious in nature. We must drop to our knees immediately and allow Christ back on the throne of our hearts!
- If it is someone else’s fault, then we must drop to our knees immediately and ask for wisdom and discernment on how to handle the matter. We ALWAYS deal in compassion and love even if we must mete out justice. For the most part, leaning toward mercy and grace is the best way to go.
- If it is circumstances, then we accept that bad things happen in this decaying world, and that God has allowed these circumstances. Therefore, we drop to our knees and ask for insight and direction concerning what to do next.
May all we do bring glory and honor to Him as we wage war on every argument (whether in our heads or by someone) and bring it captive to Christ.
3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
Look at all the promises we are given if we do:
- We find all of wisdom’s words to be true, just, right and upright (vs7-9)
- We will find wisdom, which is seeing from God’s perspective (v17).
- Spiritual riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity await us (v18).
- The treasuries of our hearts will be made full (21).
- We will be blessed (v34).
- We will find true life and favor from the LORD (35).
May we seek Him today in His Word as He prompts us to read, study, ponder, and live His instructions. If you haven’t been doing so, then TODAY is a great time to START!
Abba, may You move in our hearts today prompting us to read Your Word, to study it, to ponder it as we ask You to explain its meaning, and then to put it into practice in our lives. Your Word is TRUTH. May we guard it and allow it to guide us even as You speak to us through it. I’ll be listening. “Speak, LORD, Your servant is listening” (1 Samuel 3:10). Amen.