Do you consider your heart being changed daily? Can you perceive Christ transforming your life?
If we are being transformed in the image of Jesus Christ, then I want to be like this Person:
30 I was with him as someone he could trust.
For me, every day was pure delight,
as I played in his presence all the time,
31 playing everywhere on his earth,
and delighting to be with humankind.
This is how Jesus was at the beginning of time; it is how He wants us to be at the end of time. The best verse in the Bible to me is Matthew 19:28, “Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.” Granted, we won’t be judging the twelve tribes of Israel like the disciples will, but all the other things are true for us:
- EVERYTHING will be renewed! It will be like it was in the beginning. According to today’s Proverbs chapter, it’s amazing!!!
- Jesus will sit on His glorious throne–again. This time, in Jerusalem as heaven moves to earth, or more accurately, earth is annexed by heaven.
- We will rule, but not on that level. Paul tells us that we will judge the nations of the world (Revelation 2:27 and meaning) and even angels (1 Corinthians 6:3). It’s this type of work to which we get to look forward.
If Jesus is restoring all of nature back to its original design and we get to enjoy it as He did, I am SO looking forward to His Return! All we have to do is this:
To him who wins the victory and does what I want until the goal is reached… Revelation 2:26
What victory? The victory over sin and sinful people. How? By following Jesus closely and doing everything He leads us to do. Daily. Every minute. The benefit is that sweet fellowship to which He refers in 3:20, “I will eat with him and he with me.” The key to successful Christian living is found in verse 19: “Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.”
- Jesus loves us!
- Jesus won’t let us wander too far off the path.
- Being earnest means being sincere.
- Repent means to realign ourselves with Him. Anytime we realize that we are out of sync or off the path, we re-fix our eyes on Him and move back to His side.
May we set our sights on what is to come when He returns and not get bogged down with trying to make this world work for us. He has SO MUCH MORE in store for us. Let’s just get though this life and take as many souls with us as we go to be with Him.
Abba, I don’t want to sound fatalistic, but I really am counting on Your world being a MUCH BETTER place than this one. There is much joy and love here with family and my Christian family, but I also have an inkling of an idea of what it is GOING to be like in heaven and then back on this earth for the Millennium–and beyond! Patient endurance, LORD. Give me patient endurance. Amen.