“If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old is gone and the new has come!” 2 Corinthians 5:17
This verse encapsulates what Christ did on the Cross. He fulfilled the sacrificial system with His own life. He created mobile temples. He implants a virus (if you will) into a person that eventually transforms the person into part of the God-hood. I use this term very specifically: We are part of God as His children, which makes us part of the “hood,” the family of God. Let’s look at each of these statements.
Christ fulfilled the sacrificial system with His own life.
- Read Hebrews 4:14-16. Let’s start with the end. This relationship of faith, empathy, purity, confidence, mercy and grace is what Christ gives to His children. Us!
- Read Hebrews 7:23-27. Since Jesus is God, He lives forever. Since He lives forever, He forever acts as our Intercessor to God–not through words, but by His blood that is on the altar. We read about it in Isaiah 6:6-7. How can that be?! Read Revelation 5:6-7, 13:8. See?
- Read Hebrews 9:11-12, 13-14. His blood is all we need! He Is the FINAL SACRIFICE.
He created mobile temples.
- Read Luke 23:44-45. This act allowed regular worshipers into God’s presence.
- Acts 2:1-4. This act allowed God into every worshiper’s presence.
He implants a virus into a person that eventually transforms the person into part of the God-hood.
- Read Romans 8:29. What is the action word used here?
- Read 2 Corinthians 3:18. What is the action word used here?
- Read Colossians 3:9-10. What is the relative action word used here?
- Read 1 John 4:16-17. What is the key phrase used here?
- Read Proverbs 4:18. How does this verse apply to the previous verses?
- Read 1 John 3:1-3.
- What are we? What has God lavished on us?
- We don’t know exactly what we will be. Are you comfortable with this?
- When Christ appears, how shall we be then?
- We have this hope, therefore, we work at purifying ourselves to be like Him.
Our present state is transitional. We transition to heaven and then back to earth, or Christ returns and we transition in the air on our way to serve/reign with Him in Jerusalem (Pre-Persecution Rapture? Possibly). Let’s fix our eyes on Jesus, His current reign while God makes all His enemies His footstool (Psalm 110:1), and His imminent RETURN even as we work to purify ourselves to be like Him. “Look, I AM coming soon! My reward is with Me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done [ with Me].” Revelation 22:12