On what should we rely during this outbreak of COVID-19? Can we truly protect ourselves? Should we look elsewhere?
5 Every word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
If I were to make a pamphlet to pass out at Wal-Mart, I think it would say this:
What Does God Have to Do with COVID-19?
These are scary times in which we live. Did COVID-19 catch God by surprise? IS there a God to take by surprise?! Consider this:
- The order of the universe, particularly human life along with plants and animals, all speak of a divine order and Creator. Otherwise, the second law of thermal dynamics would have reduced everything to its lowest level long ago (entropy).
- The mutation of COVID-19 is still within its kind (Micro-Evolution); it will NOT mutate into a different species! There is NO evidence for Macro-Evolution, which is someone’s idea of what he thinks might have happened.
- COVID-19 is no worse than some strains of flu that go around every year. The problem is that since it is new, everyone is susceptible. We SHOULD take precautions: Wash hands routinely, maintain space, refrain from touching, avoid large groups, etc.
What we must realize is that even though God did NOT cause COVID-19, He IS using it to get our attention. Here are some things He would like for you to know:
- God loves you and wants you to know him personally through His Son, Jesus Christ.
- A good life is more than just the number of years lived. God has a plan for you!
- Living life without God is a wasted life with no eternal value or reward.
- Treat COVID-19 with a healthy respect, but do not fear it. Instead, “fear Him who can throw both body and soul into hell.” – Jesus
- Living without God is living as an enemy of God. Turn to him and trust Him. Leave the idea of doing things your way and follow Jesus. He will enter your heart, save your soul, and lead you with His Spirit.
COVID-19 IS A BIG DEAL. GOD IS BIGGER THAN COVID-19
Trust Him for LIFE!
Abba, I have no idea what-or even, if- You want to do something with what I said this morning. Maybe someone will copy it out and circulate it. Maybe You will prompt me to make a pamphlet and hand it out. I am open to that. In the meantime, May You comfort and encourage the hearts of all who read this blog with Your truth. May we all take refuge in Your Word. You have this; I know it. I love You and trust You. Amen.