Christians should handle stress differently than the world. Our God is on His throne!!! What does humanity tell us compared to what His Word tells us?
5 things that you can see
4 things that you can feel
3 things that you can hear
2 things that you can smell
1 thing that you can taste
As Christians, we have an advantage over the world in handling stress. God tells us to “cast your cares/burdens/stress/anxiety upon Him [the LORD] because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7. We are to instructed to:
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7
Let’s take that list and “Christianize” it:
- 5 things we can see:
- God working
- People in need
- Our world barreling toward destruction
- Revival on the verge of breaking out
- Our LORD Jesus preparing to return!
- 4 things we can feel:
- His peace in our hearts
- Our connection with other Christians
- The fear of those around us who don’t know Christ
- His urging to share His good news when given the opportunity
- 3 things we can hear:
- His voice over our shoulder
- His voice through His Word
- His voice in what we run across on the web and what we read/watch/listen to
- 2 things we can smell:
- The aroma of Christ in others
- The aroma of Christ in us
- 1 thing we can taste:
- “Taste and see that the LORD is good;” “His Word is sweeter than honey to my lips.”
As we can see, we have a lot for which to be thankful. Let’s be a GRATEFUL people today; let’s be a JOYFUL people and a HOPE-FILLED people. Let’s be the LIGHT OF CHRIST to all around us.
Abba, You are amazing. May I redeem this “down” time by upping my game in the spirituality department. My time with You has been sweeter lately; may I capitalize on our connection and allow You to grow it stronger. With whom may I share Christ today? #showme. Amen.