Jews are coming to Christ at an accelerated rate! Could Christ’s Return be near? Let’s be about the Father’s business.
11 Rescue those being led away to death;
hold back those staggering toward slaughter.
12 If you say, “But we knew nothing about this,”
does not he who weighs the heart perceive it?
Does not he who guards your life know it?
Will he not repay everyone according to what they have done?
Two-year-old’s will turn around to do what they’ve been told not to do thinking that we cannot know what they are doing. It’s amusing when it’s about a piece of candy–it’s alarming when it’s matches! We see the absurdity in their thought processes, but we do the same thing! Does not God see all? Is not all of heaven and earth and even hell laid bare before Him?
11 Death and Destruction lie open before the Lord—
how much more do human hearts! Proverbs 15:11
13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. Hebrews 4:13
We have been commissioned to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with the world (Matthew 28:19-20). What are we doing about it? How about our neighbor next door?
There are some prerequisites for sharing the Gospel:
- We must have received the Gospel ourselves! We must have the Holy Spirit of God living in us as our seal of redemption (Ephesians 4:30).
- We must be walking daily AND IN STEP with the LORD Jesus (Galatians 5:25).
- We must KNOW the Gospel:
- God loves us and came to earth in the person of Jesus Christ to die in our place for our sins and rising again so that we can be reunited with God.
- We can receive forgiveness of all our sins by trusting in Christ and asking Him to come into our lives, cleanse us, and make His home in us.
- We will begin a new, exciting, and personal relationship with the God of the universe! He becomes our LORD and we follow Him from now on.
- We must be asking, seeking and knocking concerning people who need the Gospel.
- Asking God to invade their lives.
- Seeking opportunities to share the Gospel with them.
- Knocking on the door of people’s lives and giving witness to them. This kind of knocking has several forms. We share a tidbit of information concerning Christ at every opportunity during regular conversation; we offer articles for people to read; we talk openly about our faith and our follow-ship of Christ; and we even go to their houses to share the plan of salvation with them.
I began today’s lesson by mentioning Jews coming to Yeshua (Jesus). With the (re)birth of Israel in 1948 and the subsequent call of the Jews to receive Yeshua as Messiah, we are looking at signs of Christ’s return:
28 “And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.
29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days. Joel 2:28-29
These verses are being fulfilled today in Israel! It started this way and will end this way: Peter (a Jew) quoted this passage in his sermon at Pentecost (Acts 2:17). Paul (a Jew) used part of verse 32 from Joel 2 when giving us instructions on how to be saved in Romans 10:9-13, “And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD (a Jew) will be saved.” Salvation comes from the Jews, but is extended to the Gentiles, which includes everyone! And now, the outpouring of His Spirit upon His Chosen people is happening before our very eyes!
Below is a link to a testimony given on IMetMessiah.com. It is the best I’ve seen (so far) that explains why Jews should trust in Yeshua as Messiah, or why ANYONE should trust in Yeshua as Messiah!
Abba, I pray that we would pray for the peace of Jerusalem, which is wrapped up in them coming to know You. We are integrally linked as part of the same “olive tree,” and I know that You are returning to there someday soon. I GET TO BE WITH YOU! I’m excited!!! May Your Gospel spread like wildfire among the Jews, and among the Gentiles, as well. How may I serve You in this manner? Let me know. Amen.