The Secret to Happiness: What makes the LORD happy makes US happy. We feel His pleasure, and it’s worth anything.
30 …a woman who fears [honors] the LORD is to be praised. 28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her…
Today is the last day of the year. As we look back, for whom have you lived your life? Each day, as you got up, was your first question, “What am I going to do today?” I suggest this question for the new year, “Lord, what are we going to do today?” Here’s the thought process:
- IF we are forgiven of our sins forever, THEN we are eternally grateful to Him.
- IF we have the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives 24/7, THEN we are always with Him and He is always with us.
- IF we acknowledge His constant presence in our lives, THEN we will experience His Power, His Participation, our Position in Him, His Purity (which becomes our purity), and His Passion, which is His Bride, the Church.
The daily benefits we receive from walking in the Spirit are feeling and receiving His love, joy, peace, hope and grace that emanate from Him. Pleasing Him pleases us.
There are other things that we receive from Him by walking with Him, and they are patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Gal. 5:22-23), truth, righteousness (Eph. 5:9), faith, knowledge, perseverance, godliness, mutual affection and love (2 Peter 1:5-7).
The best way to begin our walk with Him is by reading His Word, our Bibles. Why?
- It’s ALIVE! His Spirit speaks to us as we read it as though He is writing it just for us. In a sense, He is, because the same Spirit that speaks to the writer (Moses, Isaiah, etc.) and tells him what to write also lives in us, who speaks to us the same words and instills within us the same message and intent.
- It transforms us. If we want to be more like Christ, then we MUST read His Word (see above explanation).
- We are to hide its words in our hearts (Psalm 119:11), because it is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path (119:105).
Statistically, people who read the Bible four or more days a week live different lives than those who read 3 days a week or less. Why is that? Because the Spirit of God begins to mold us and shape us into His image; we begin to catch His vision and embrace it; we start to feel Him and sense His presence; we experience all the blessings that flow from Him to us. Here’s an excerpt from “The Power of 4”:
The Power of 4 Effect
A key discovery from the CBE research is that the life of someone who engages scripture 4 or more times a week looks radically different from the life of someone who does not. In fact, the lives of Christians who do not engage the Bible most days of the week are statistically the same as the lives of non-believers.
Someone who engages the Bible 4 or more times a week is:
30% less likely to struggle with loneliness [Why? Because Jesus lives IN THEM and is WITH THEM 24/7]
As we begin this next year, let’s make it all about Jesus, shall we? We will find ourselves happier than we have ever been regardless of the circumstances that will come this year. Pleasing Him pleases us.
Abba, it’s all about You and Your Plan. May I not only submit to it, may I embrace it and work willingly and enthusiastically to further it along. Please keep opening my mind to Your truth, O Lord. May I stay vigilant in keeping my eyes on You. Guard my heart; renew my mind; transform me into Your image, Jesus. I want to be just like You. Amen.