5 Evildoers [those who follow their own guidance] do not understand what is right, but those who seek the LORD understand it fully.
Want to know God? Seek Him in His Word. It’s the first step in prayer. As you read, He speaks to you as He reveals truth to you. Next step…
Believe what we read. The validity of the Bible is without question. Look at the facts:
- The seamless story of Redemption over 1500 years in the making from around 1450 B.C. (the time of Moses) to about 100 A.D;
- Over 40 different authors from all walks of life: shepherds, farmers, tent-makers, physicians, fishermen, priests, philosophers and kings;
- Written in three languages: Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek;
- Translated into English in 1382 A.D. by John Wycliffe;
- EVERY copy and EVERY translation, some going back to 200 A.D. are the same.* GOD HAS PRESERVED HIS WORDS!
Statistically, the Bible is a miraculous book. We can trust it. Even concerning science, we can trust it because science is finally catching up to TRUTH. The Theory of Evolution cannot be trusted because there is no definite proof; nothing can be verified. It better fits the definition of a religion because it is based on faith rather than verifiable fact.
Don’t believe me? Consider this. They say, “Given enough time, anything is possible.” This statement is unprovable and is, therefore, unscientific. The second Law of Thermodynamics refutes this claim:
“The second law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of any isolated system always increases.”
In other words, the universe moves from order to chaos, not the other way around! Here are a few scientific truths that defy an old universe, particularly an old earth, and especially an old race:
- Our genetics are conservative, not creative. They copy, and over time, they degrade. Geneticists give mankind no more than 70,000 years. Of course, the Bible clearly states around 6,000 years to be accurate.
- The earth’s magnetic field, which has a half life of 1400 years, projected backward, gives us no more than 7,000 years before it would be so strong that it wouldn’t sustain human life.
- The rings of Saturn are being pulled into the planet at a steady rate and, traced backward, can be no older than 10,000 years.
- Likewise, comets lose 5% of their moisture with each pass around the sun, making them less than 10,000 years old.
- All great rivers have 4500 years’ worth of sediment at their mouths, which is precisely the time of the Great Flood.
There are more–LOTS more. We didn’t even get around to discussing animals that defy evolution, one in particular is the butterfly. Look it up!
If we read God’s Word every day, we start a conversation with Him that lasts all day. If we take a verse or passage that stands out to us and put it on a notecard, then put it somewhere obvious and read it everyday, we will find ourselves “hearing” God’s voice much more clearly.
Jimmy Cox said something profound the other night at Vacation Bible School as he addressed the students. He said, “When I hear God’s voice, I don’t really hear Him speak to me–it’s much closer than that.” WOW! So TRUE! His voice sounds like my own voice, but somehow, I know it’s Him.
Here’s the best way I can illustrate it:
I tune my guitar by plucking one string while plucking another string that is held on the corresponding fret. The strings should sound the same. If they do not, then I hear a warble between the strings. I adjust one of the strings until the warbles subside; once all the warbles are gone, then the strings are in tune. How well I tune my guitar is according to how well I pay attention to the tension (warble) between the two strings.
We would do well to PAY ATTENTION TO THE TENSION (not original) between the two voices within us, our own and the Holy Spirit.
Believing the facts stated above, I, by faith, choose to believe what John wrote at the beginning of his account of the life of Jesus:
1:1 In the beginning was the Word (dynamo, the embodied power of God), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning [of the creation of the world]. 3 Through him [the Word] all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the [our] darkness, and the darkness has not [cannot] overcome it.
9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him [read Proverbs 8:22-31], the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him [generally speaking]. 12 Yet, to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name [Yeshua Hamashiach, The Anointed One, God in the flesh], he gave the right to become children of God…[born again] born of God. 14 The Word became flesh [Jesus!] and dwelt among us. We have seen his glory [John is testifying to have witnessed his life, his miracles, his death and resurrection, his healed wounds], the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth [He speaks the truth to us about ourselves and then deals with us in grace].
I believe it. I hear Him within me confirming its truth. Do you?
*The New Testament has been preserved in more manuscripts than any other ancient work of literature, with over 5,800 complete or fragmented Greek manuscripts catalogued, 10,000 Latin manuscripts and 9,300 manuscripts in various other ancient languages including Syriac, Slavic, Gothic, Ethiopic, Coptic and Armenian.