Foundations are important. Being grounded in Christ gives life purpose. Let’s look at ours.
12 If a ruler listens to lies, all his officials become wicked.
18 Where there is no revelation, people cast off restraint; but blessed is the one who heeds wisdom’s instruction.
Foundational thinking comes from knowing where to get truth. The Holy Spirit reveals TRUTH to us. He is Jesus in SPIRIT. When we are talking to One, we are talking to the Other. We can conclude two things:
- Information from our own thinking cannot be trusted.
- Information from the world absolutely cannot be trusted. In fact, we can trust it to be counter to TRUTH.
Let’s look at two passages (over the next few days) that give us a proper foundation.
Ephesians 1:18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19a and his incomparably great power for us who believe.
Jesus lives in our hearts, which means that He lives with us in these bodies. He is in our minds and our consciousness. Therefore, He can open the eyes of our hearts to TRUTH:
- Hope-We are called to be a part of His coming kingdom. We are citizens, His adopted brothers and sisters, co-heirs with Him, and will reign with Him when He comes. It’s a sure thing! Count on it.
- Glorious Inheritance-We have a new FAMILY! We are now rich in the currency of heaven, which is RELATIONSHIPS. Our fellowship with Jesus on a continuous basis and the fellowship we have with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ will be the only things from this world that we will take into heaven. Start investing today!
- Power-Jesus can and WILL develop us into godly citizens, a people who are ready and able to live forever with God in His kingdom. We are becoming like Him, who is God in the flesh, by His Spirit who lives in us.
Let’s dwell on these truths as we go through today. Thank Jesus for imparting these truths to us. Ask Him how to “expand our heavenly investment” in people. Let’s be Kingdom Thinkers today.