If we belong to God, then WE WILL look like Jesus eventually: in character and heart, in attitude and focus.
Proverbs 21:21 He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.
Jesus paid a great price for us in more ways than one. His blood purchased our pardon; His resurrection gave us eternal life–and all that goes with it!
Consider the ramifications:
- A constant cleansing from sin by His blood, Heb. 7:24-25
- Release from the effects of sin by the presence and participation of the Spirit, 2 Cor. 4:16-18
- Being made into the likeness of Christ by being conformed to His image, Romans 8:29
- Moving from glory to ever-increasing glory, 2 Cor. 3:18
- NO CONDEMNATION! Romans 8:1-2 That goes for ANYTHING we think, say, or do (but, it doesn’t eliminate the consequences during this life; only for the next).
Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
How? Through discipline:
Hebrews 12:4-7 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.” Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?
[11-13] No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. “Make level paths for your feet,” so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.
So, let’s rejoice in our daily salvation and follow Him closely, being confident that He has us right where He wants us TODAY; tomorrow we will be even closer to home, to perfection (glorification), and HIM!