God always has something to show us, to teach us, if we are of a frame of mind to learn. Don’t strike an attitude with Him!
Proverbs 1:1-3 The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:  for gaining wisdom and instruction; for understanding words of insight;  for receiving instruction in prudent behavior, doing what is right and just and fair;
What kind of instruction?
- To regard the LORD and His instruction over all else is vital (v7);
- Do not run after material things–how we accrue wealth is more important than what we accrue (v10-19);
- Our relationship with Him must come before all else–otherwise, how will we know what to do and when, or where the pitfalls and traps are that the enemy lays for us (v20-23)?
- Disregarding the LORD and doing things our way ends in disaster. Remember that sin destroys us (v24-32);
- God knows the best AND ONLY way to safely traverse the maze of life. He will guard our souls (v33).
Why do we fight Him so? Why is it so important to us for us to be the master of our own ship? May the LORD open our eyes to spiritual truth:
Revelation 3:17-21 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are [spiritually] wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.
Jesus knows our condition; it’s why He came! He invites us:
 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire [His eternal truth], so you can become rich [access to the mind of Christ and the riches of His glory]; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
Here is the first lesson:
 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent.
And here is His invitation:
 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice andopens the door, I will come in and eat [intimate fellowship] with him, and he with me.
Here is His promise:
 To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.
What on earth is there to top that?!!! Let’s place ourselves in the School of the Holy Spirit today!