So far, we have looked at what Christ has done for us and what Christ is doing in you. Now, let’s look at what you can do in Christ.
- Notice I didn’t say, “____ ________.” There is nothing we can do for Christ ______ from the ________ of ________.
- Let Him tell you what He wants you to do: ______________
- Ask Him to replace your _______ with His _________
- Ask Him to _________ you to do His will: _________
- This __________ is how you do things in Christ.
- __________ all you can about _____.
- “Call to me and I will show you great and mighty things which you do not know (Jeremiah 33:3).”
- “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened (Matthew 7:7).”
- ______ with Him; _______ Him; ______ on Him.
- “Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!”
- Start right now ___________ Him for _____________. You can do it!
- ______ to Him ______.
- Trust comes through __________ and __________.
- The more _______ you spend in His presence ________ with Him and ______ Him, the more you will _______ Him with your _____.
- Trust is a ____-_____ street.
- “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends [surpasses] all understanding, will guard [garrison, as in an army surrounding] your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:4-7.”
- Make a ______ _________ of giving your life over to Him.
- “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me (Gal. 2:20).”
- “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me (Luke 9:23).”
- “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purity us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives (1 John 1:9-10).”
- Confess: we ______ with ____ about something that He already knows.
- “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the desert, where your fathers tested and tried me and for forty years say what I did. That is why I was angry with that generation, and I said, ‘Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways (Hebrews 3:7-10).”
- Trust Him. The more you do, the more you will find Him _____________.
- Choices: The “Put off/Put on” method is one that you will love and hate.
1) 1 Cor. 13:11 _____________________________________
2) Rom. 13:12 _____________________________________
3) Gal. 3:27 _____________________________________
4) Eph. 4:22-24 _____________________________________
5) 2 Cor. 5:17 _____________________________________
6) Rom. 12:1-2 _____________________________________
7) Eph. 6:11 _____________________________________
8) Col. 3:5 _____________________________________
9) Gal. 2:20 _____________________________________
10) Col. 3:7-10 _____________________________________
Note: Gal. 3:28 and Col. 3:11 both deal with equality in the context of choice
- Get _____________.
- “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day [of Christ’s return] approaching (Hebrews 10:25
- The __________, the ___________, the _____________, and the _________ are all ultra-important to a new Christian—to any Christian!