Upon the moment that you accepted Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord of your life, a wonderful transformation began to happen within you. Let’s look at some verses of Scripture to find out just exactly what is going on.
This is your ______________ in Christ. He picks you up and moves you from your _______ _________ and seats you in ____________ __________.
“I tell you the truth, unless a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the [Holy] Spirit gives birth to spirit.” (John 3:3, 6)
“And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.” (Eph. 2:6)
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17)
“As for you, you were dead in your sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient [the devil]. All of us also lived among them at one time [all have sinned], gratifying the cravings of our sinful natures and following its desires and thoughts [doing what we felt like doing]. Like the rest [of the world], we were by nature objects of wrath [enemies of God]. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in [our sin]¼For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.” (Eph. 2:1-5, 8-9)
3. __________________________________________________________________________ “’Come now, let us reason together,’ says the Lord. ‘Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.’” (Isaiah 1:18)
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
4. __________________________________________________________________________ “This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement through faith in his blood.” (Romans 3:21-2
5. __________________________________________________________________________ “And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.” (Ephesians 1:13-14)
Note: The seal on a document with a king’s signet ring could only be broken by someone with the same or higher authority.
“I give them [believers] eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” (John 10:28-29)
The double-fisted grip:________________________________________________________
6. __________________________________________________________________________ “¼you received the Spirit of Sonship. And by him we cry ‘Abba, Father.’ The [Holy] Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.” (Romans 8:15b-17)
7. __________________________________________________________________________ There is nothing the _______, an ________, a ________, even __________ can do to extract yourself from Christ’s and the Father’s ________ once you believed in Jesus and called upon His name to forgive you of sin and to save you.
“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?¼No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:35, 37-39)